7 Mar 2014

WW4BB & RABT Presents: Sins of the Fallen by Karina Espinosa

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 9:51:00 am




Young Adult Fantasy
Date Published: 1/28/2014



When seventeen-year-old Maximillion Taylor and his best friend, Jones go to a house party, he doesn't expect to get kidnapped—much less by a succubus—and she's not the only one on the hunt. Thrown into a world of angels and demons, where nothing and no one is what they seem, Max ventures to find his true identity and learn to fight the demons who pursue him. When his origin is revealed, it's a race against the clock for a battle that will determine whether he can protect the ones he loves or succumb to his true nature. Through lies, betrayal, love and pain, Max must prepare to face the demons before it is too late…

Excerpt

Getting closer to the stairwell, I got a look at them and my voice got caught in my throat. This was some cloak and dagger crap.
Jones got up from his seat. I couldn’t see his face well but his tone was so serious I almost didn’t believe it.
“You know she doesn’t like coming here. It’s too risky, and trust me Xavier; we won’t be accountable for your fall. Things have dragged on for too long and we are pushing our luck. Let us not get too comfortable.”
“Your words are wise, but mine are wiser. Always remember Loran, live before you teach, because you cannot teach what you have not lived. With that said, I think we should wrap this up for another time. I want to meet with the both of you.”
As they were preparing to go their separate ways, I started backing away to my room when the floor creaked underneath my feet and they froze in place. Damn these wooden floors.
They looked at each other immediately and in unison, looked up to the stairs where I was watching them.


Karina Espinosa

Born in New York city, my family picked up and moved to South Florida when I was twelve. After high school I spent the next few years traveling and experiencing what life had to offer me. At twenty four years old, I'm back in South Florida in my third year of University-majoring in Communication studies. When not in the writing cave, I usually have my nose in a book or on Netflix, cut off from the world with a huge bowl of ice cream.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips