8 Mar 2014

WW4BB Presents: A Guest Post & Review of Tempest By Holly Lauren

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 12:32:00 am
















Available Now

Chapel Ryan isn't crazy. At least, that's what she's been trying to convince herself of for most of her life. But after being hallucination-free for three years, Chapel finds herself facedown on her English classroom’s gritty linoleum floor. When she looks up, everyone around her is suspended in animation. Mouths hang open mid-yawn, feet hover mid-cross, Ms. Freeman’s arm flexes mid-sentence diagram. It's another hallucination. Or, is it?

Chapel prepares to tear herself back to reality when something happens. Something that has never happened before in any of her hallucinations--someone moves. And not just any someone—it’s the new guy with a scar over his lip and a reputation as black as his perfectly styled hair. And all of the sudden Chapel's white-knuckle grip on her life has slipped, and with it, her assurance that what she's experiencing isn't real.

● Genre: New Adult Fantasy
● One Sentence Description: After she learns the true nature of her hallucinations, high school senior Chapel Ryan must decide who she can trust in a world where the rules of genetics do not apply
● Available here: Amazon & Barnes & Nobles

My Review


Tempus by Holly Lauren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

amazing book I couldn't put it down! Holly Lauren is a wonderful writer! her story was so unique and passionate, the characters charming and intriguing and her style of writing flowed beautiful and flawless. The story had many twists and turns I never saw coming and really enjoyed the mystery of it all. If I could I would have given it more then five stars!

Chapel Ryan has been told her whole life that she suffers from hallucinations brought on by PTSD. Chapel isn't crazy though she has always known she was different, she can't explain what is happening to her but she is sure that the answer is out there. When one of Chapel's incidents happens at school for the first time in three years Chapel is afraid she is going to have to go back to all the doctors or maybe this time they will just lock her up for good and throw away the key.

Chapel notices the new boy that day is different then the others, and from that day on he pursues her relentlessly looking for a way past her defences and into her heart and Chapel is running out of reasons to say no. Zay is charming, smart, fun and incredibly hot, @hat girl in there right mind would say no to that?

I really enjoy this book! the mystery, the unique characters, and the incredible storytelling! My fav character was Valentine. I liked his witty shirts, his hacking skills and how he looked out for his friends no matter what.

I highly recommend this book to one and all! get your copy today! TBR NOW!

View all my reviews

Guest Post

How to get a book published.

Now that my first published novel is out and about (the most terrifying and awesome feeling ever), folks are getting curious.

How long did it take you to write it? (1 year to write, 1 year to edit)
Where did you get the idea? (A dream)

Where did you find the time? (Time isn’t change on the ground that you find, you make time)

Does it come in large print? (Not yet, Grandmother, but you’ll be the first to know)

But the main question people want to know, and one that I wanted to know before I had this opportunity, is how in the world does a person go about getting a book published.

My Story:
2006: I wrote a book. It was terrible. I queried it and got rejected.

2008: I wrote a book. It was slightly less terrible. I queried it and got rejected.

2010: I wrote a book. It was bearable. I queried it, got a little interest, but no representation.

2011: I wrote TEMPUS. I queried it, got a little interest, but no representation. Something in me KNEW this book was worth fighting for. So in …

2012: I spent a year re-dreaming TEMPUS. I sent out manuscripts to people I trusted for feedback. I got a critique partner. I edited, cut down, edited, cut down.

2013: I queried TEMPUS again. This time, Kitty Bullard reached out to me and asked if I’d like her wonderful publishing house, GMTA, to publish TEMPUS. I was in bed. I pressed my face into the pillow and screamed for joy.

2014: TEMPUS was released .

Quick Tips:

-Tailor your queries so you’re sending agents/publishers ONLY what they ask for.Agents almost always list what they’re currently looking for in their profiles. Do you fit in their niche? Do they already represent someone like you? Do your research and mention these things specifically. I queried about 25 agents/publishers with TEMPUS, but I knew that each of them were looking for something like it, and believed I added to or complimented their current list.

-Join a good database like Writer’s Market to keep yourself up-to-date on trends and current marketplace needs.

This is also where you can get connected to agents, publishers, and other writers. I got nearly all my agent profiles off this page.

-Read good books to sharpen your usage and mind.

I learned a ton from reading books like WARM BODIES (Isaac Marion), The DIVERGENT Series (Veronica Roth), and THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS Series (Cassandra Clare). These people have “made it” so to speak, so watching what they do teaches you what gets published.

-And, most of all, keep writing, keep writing, keep writing.

If I had given up after my first book, that would have been it. Rejection is hard. But I made myself a promise: I would keep writing until someone published my book. I was just crazy enough to believe it. And if you’re a writer, my guess is that you’re a little crazy, too. 

If you’ve been published before, I’d love to hear about your journey

HOLLY LAUREN

Holly was born and raised in a small town in North Georgia. The third of four children, Holly grew up telling stories to get herself out of—and her siblings into—trouble. When she was eight years old, she penned her first publication: a newspaper called Sunny Dayz News. While she didn’t sell any actual copies, her sympathetic grandmother did peruse through the edition at least once.
When Holly isn’t dreaming up new plotlines for her next book, she enjoys breakfasting at Picnic Café in Dahlonega, Georgia with her (handsome) husband and their two (adorable) daughters.
Site
Facebook
Twitter




Tempest Soundtrack


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips