29 Jan 2014

WW4BB Presents: A Review of The Fault in our Stars by John Green Written by: Kiran

Posted by Unknown on 12:35:00 pm

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hello, it is me again, here to bring you another tale. This time not of space or sci-fi or horror, but more of a tragic yet heart-warming story that had me emotionally hooked by page TEN.

This story, ‘The Fault in our Stars’, starts off with a young teen girl named Hazel going through lung cancer who meets a young man called Augustus Waters at group counseling. At first Hazel seems annoyed with him but soon seems to warm up to his charming and intelligent attitude, and eventually they become friends. Though Hazel proves afraid to come close to more than just that, as she feels she may die soon and doesn’t want to leave him with a broken heart.

What made me not want to put this book down was how well it was thought out. The ending was a twist one, completely unexpected, and all the same had a very tragic but interesting plotline. The characters themselves wouldn’t take pity for their conditions and were probably the most snarky I ever read about. They all had the most emotionally-clinging experiences that made me beg for more even on the last page of the book. I have absolutely no cons about this story, for chapter by chapter I felt like my life simply couldn’t compare to one of a battle of cancer.

John Green, I hope you’re proud, because your book is one that changed many lives as it did my own as well. Please continue writing, for your simply fabulous at it. <3
View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips