24 Aug 2014

WW4BB Presents: A Review of The Spirit Guide by Elizabeth Davies

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 2:39:00 pm


Seren has an unusual gift – she sees spirits, the shades of the dead.
Terrified of being accused of witchcraft, a very real possibility in twelfth century Britain, she keeps her secret close, not even confiding in her husband.

But when she gives her heart and soul to a man who guides spirits in the world beyond the living, she risks her secret and her life for their love.

My Review

The Spirit Guide by Elizabeth Davies
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't have words to describe how incredible this book was! Elizabeth Davies is a brilliant author and this book takes it to a whole new level!

As a person who has dealt with spirits and ghost my whole life I was excited to see the direction that Elizabeth would take with this story. I would have to say that I am blown away! she takes a very unique and special gift and turns it in to a fantastic historical tale full of intrigue, romance and danger.

I loved all the history in the book. The real tales of King John are not told often and I enjoyed This part of the book immensely as well as all of the talk of the battles in Wales. the gossip that Matilda de Braose was really a witch and built the castle in one night with a spell made me laugh as the obviously that is impossible, the things people used to say crack me up!

The bad guy in the story was amazing! I couldn't get over how well he was written! Davies wrote him so well that you actually liked him at certain parts of the story and then you would kind of say to yourself "wait a min he is the bad guy!"...lol...and poor Seren living under the constant threat of discovery or being called a witch took its toll on the poor girl and I sure wouldn't have wanted to be in her shoes!

I really loved the character Beti, working in the Herb garden with Seren. She had a lot of knowledge and wisdom and I would love to know some like her! I also loved George who for a ghost was a pretty great guy! He did everything he could to protect Seren and I was really happy with the rewards he got in the end!

this book is for 18+ readers and I highly recommend it to all! if you haven't got your copy do so now!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips